It’s very important to follow the dosing and administration in order to escape side-effects.
This medication is a medicine that is used to treat erectile dysfunction. Levitra is one of the most widely used ED medicines.
You may buy generic Levitra in five different dosages at Canadian Health&Care Mall:
- 10 mg;
- 20 mg;
- 40 mg;
- 60 mg;
- 100 mg.
Online Pharmacy directions on a generic dosage:
- At the beginning of treatment, the recommended dosage makes 10 mg (approximately 25 minutes before a sexual intercourse). However, it was proved that the preparation is effective even when taken 4-5 hours before sexual activity.
- The maximum frequency of the drug is one time per day.
- Depending on the efficiency and tolerability of the treatment, the dosage may be increased or decreased from 20 to 5 mg/day.
- The maximum recommended dose is 20 mg one time per day. In order to ensure an adequate response to treatment, a man requires sexual stimulation.
Elderly patients (over 65 years): Dose adjustment for elderly patients is not required.
Children (under 18 years): The use of the PDE5 inhibitor is not prescribed for the patients of this age group.
While the administration patients have to pay attention to interactions with other drugs and some diseases when Levitra is contradicted.
Abnormal liver function
In case of patients with minor liver problems changes in the dosing regime are not required. In case of patients with moderate impairment (stage B according to Child-Pugh) of the liver, the initial dose makes 5 mg/day. Further, depending on the efficiency and tolerability of treatment, the dose can be increased.
Impaired renal function
- Changing the dosing regime is not required for patients with small, moderate or heavy renal function reduction;
- In a joint application with ketoconazole or itraconazole, the dose should not exceed 200 mg per day. If the dose of ketoconazole or itraconazole exceeds 200 mg per day, Levitra should not be used;
- In a joint application with inhibitors of CYP3A4, erythromycin or clarithromycin, the dose of the drug should not exceed 5 mg;
- A joint application with HIV protease inhibitors such as indinavir and ritonavir is contraindicated.
Patients with simultaneous intake of alpha-blockers
- Due to the vasodilating effect of alpha-blockers and Vardenafil, co-administration of Levitra with alpha-blockers may lead some patients to symptomatic hypotension. Joint reception can only be started if the patient has a stable condition in the treatment of alpha-blockers;
- Generic Levitra may be taken at any time with tamsulosin or alfuzosin. In the case of a joint appointment of the drug with terazosin and other alpha-blockers, you should keep the necessary interval between doses of Levitra and the alpha-blockers;
- For patients who are already taking the optimal dose of the drug, treatment with alpha-blockers should be started with the lowest dose. The gradual increase in the dose of alpha-blocker may be followed by a subsequent decrease in blood pressure for patients taking PDE5 inhibitors.
Healthy volunteers have conducted a large testing of Vardenafil in single doses up to 120 mg per day. They tolerated single doses of 80 mg and multiple doses up to 40 mg of Vardenafil prescribed once a day for 4 weeks without any serious adverse reactions.
However, the application of Vardenafil 40 mg 2 times a day caused back pain without signs of toxic action on the muscular and nervous systems.
In case of an overdose, you should get a standard maintenance therapy. Dialysis efficiency is unlikely, as Vardenafil is highly bound to plasma proteins, and only a small amount of the drug is excreted by the kidneys.